What a whirlwind we have been in the past 2 months. The sudden closure of society in order to slow the spread of COVID19 brought the closer of our in person Sunday gatherings in mid-March. Combining that with the resignation of Pastor Roy and our church leadership has been tasked with making some difficult decisions in the past couple months.
Through conversations over the past week and a meeting last night the elder board has made the decision to proceed with gathering in person for church this Sunday May 31st. We believe that through following the guidelines below and trusting in the personal responsibility of our congregation it is possible to have an in person gathering. We ask that you respect the decisions of others and choose to honor them with that respect.
As we prepare to gather this Sunday here are the following guidelines that we want you to follow in order to protect each other and do our best to provide a safe place for gathering for worship.
- Respect others decisions - we all see this situation differently but can still show respect, honor & humility towards each other. Don’t get offended by someone else’s convictions
- Please maintain social distancing between family units (6-8 feet)
- If you feel sick or have any symptoms related to COVID-19 please stay home
- If anyone in your family is sick please stay home
- If you or anyone in your family has been in contact with someone who has been sick please stay home
- If you are a part of the vulnerable population we encourage you to stay home and watch the service online
- Keep children with you at all times. Have a conversation with your kids beforehand about why this is important
- Please don’t congregate in the foyer area. If you want to have a conversation with someone please do so outside.
- There will be no nursery, Sunday school or coffee/donuts
- Continue to follow the guidelines put forth by the CDC and the SD Department of Health for personal hygiene and prevention
- These decisions are incredibly personal. Please respect each others decisions
We are also taking the following measures to help provide a safe place for gathering.
- All entry doors and sanctuary doors will be open
- All classrooms and the church library will be locked
- The doors down to the gym will be closed and we ask that you do not use that part of the building
- There will be overflow options in the foyer and fellowship hall if you aren’t comfortable in the sanctuary
- All water fountains will be taped off and not usable
- Hand sanitizer will be place throughout the foyer
- No offering bag will be passed - there will be ushers holding an offering bag as you exit the sanctuary and you can continue to give online
We recognize that some of you will not be comfortable meeting in person and we encourage you to continue to join us online. We also recognize that we have not seen the end of this virus. However, we do believe that we also have to find a way to move forward with life. We will hope and trust that soon we will be able to meet fully again in person but for now we must continue with these guidelines and preventative measures in place.